Last night I was talking to someone that I hadn't seen in a while and mentioned I was going back to school. They thought that was great and ask what I was taking. I told them Paralegal with a B.A. in Justice and they proceeded to tell me it wasn't worth my time because they had done the same and it wasn't working out. She also tossed in the age factor like doing research in some dusty library full of law books would put me in a hospital bed. Ok, makes all the sense in the world to me.
What is it about some people who will find a reason to throw in the negative when it comes to another person's life? It's like sitting down to a lunch that you are really looking forward to enjoying just to have someone walk up and tell you they don't like eating what you have for one odd reason or another.
Who cares! It's not your lunch, I didn't buy it, pack it, bring it for you to nosh on fool! Shut up and get away from me so I can eat in peace!
So, I had this obnoxious doubt run through my head for about a second after her rambling commentary. I gathered my thoughts, put them back in order, looked at the person and informed them I would do just fine no matter where I went with the degree. It was interesting because it seemed to knock some of the wind out of her "sail of doom".
I feel like I did years ago before I let the doom and gloom crowd rule my world for such a long time. They can take their doom and gloom and crawl back into their caves.
No Regrets!
No comments:
Post a Comment